These are real quotes that I have copied and pasted. I have left the people’s names off for anonymity.
We all know the hypocrisy of the government allowing cigarettes and alcohol to be taxed and regulated. Both of which have NO medical applications, yet Cannabis is kept a schedule 1 drug, along with Heroin and PCP. Cocaine is considered a schedule 2 drug. Xanax and Lortab are schedule 3 drugs. Schedule 1 drugs are considered to have NO medical benefit. 20 states have enacted medical marijuana laws and many more are working on medical marijuana laws right now…except KANSAS!
Politicians argue that Cannabis is “so much stronger now”. Well, what about 190 proof Everclear…which is an alcoholic drink that will kill you if you drink too much. It is impossible to overdose on Cannabis, unless you can smoke 1500 pounds of it in 30 minutes. If you smoke 1500 pounds of anything in 15 minutes, your probably not going to fare to well!
Here we go with the quotes from real people across America!
1. Erie, Pennsylvania: “marijuana has so many positive uses yet the government will not legalize it does that make any sense at all”
2. Glendale, CA: “Free the people!”
3. Helper, Utah: “Make it medically available..”
4. St. Joseph, MO: “As a nurse I have seen cancer patients writhing in agony, waiting for their next pain shot. Marijuana not only can relieve pain and mental anguish, but also stimulates the appetite to reverse the wasting and emaciation so common in terminally ill patients. Yet these people cannot legally obtain or use marijuana in most states to alleviate pain or improve their quality of life in the time they have left.”
5. Phoenix, AZ: “I have PTSD and it sucks, I think anyone with PTSD should be able to be prescribed cannabis, it’s helped me with my PTSD, I have PTSD from rapes and abuse in the past. I approve c:”
6. Edinburgh, Maine: “Do the right thing. By the way NO you’re not doing it at this time.”
7. Conway, SC: “We need to stop living in the dark ages and move forward.These people deserve the right to have medicine that helps them with out the serious side effects of. the drugs that’s out there now.”
8. Cambridge City, IN: “I strongly agree.”
9. Enterprise, KS: “It will not only help the people in the state, it will help our state! Please hear us!”
10. Salina, KS: “Please Please Please listen to the people! Majority of the people in Kansas are in favor of changing marijuana laws and we need your help!”
11. Glendale, CA: “I defer all questions to Dr. Sanjay Gupta.”
12. Sm, KS: “Put CHILD MOLESTERS and MURDERERS in PRISON for LIFE with NO chance of PAROLE. Let NON-violent “offenders” free or pay a nominal fee.”
13. Newton, KS: “It’s time for a more intelligent and compassionate approach to marijuana sales and use, especially for medical purposes.”
14. Wichita, KS: “I have a loved one with Crohn’s disease, and know that individual – an ethical, professional, and dedicated public servant – uses cannabis for the pain and nausea. I think we should give people access to medically necessary drugs to improve their functioning and decrease pain!!”
15. Wichita, KS: “Helps eye pressure for glocauma, cures cancer when injested, helps fibromyalgia. Get kansas into the 21 century.”
16. Wichita, KS: “Medical use should be permitted and regulated.”
17. Olathe, KS: “I have always been in agreement that marijuana should be legalized for medicinal uses as I was/am an AIDS patient. But the HIV is under control and have just now been diagnosed with cancer and will begin chemo radiation this week. I expect marijuana to be part of my refi mine to control nausea but more importantly, assisting with my appetite and make me want to eat.”
18. Auburn, KS: “I agree whole-hearted that this should be reevaluated and ultimately legalized. It is also a mood stabilizer that many people prefer to using prescription drugs. Yet another use…hmmm. :-)”
19. Sedan, KS: “We have spent billions of dollars on the war against drugs, learning nothing from our experience with the crime caused by prohibition in the ’20s. Lets help the people who can be relieved by the medical use of marijuana.”
20. Topeka, KS: “It’s time to walk back this ineffective, wasteful body of legislation and end the war on marijuana, particularly for medical needs.”
21. Overland Park, KS: “I completely agree. Our country should invest in cannabis – rather than villify and incarcerate those involved with its industry”
22. Wichita, KS: “With over 100 uses of the marijuana plant as of the 1930s, what could be created now with current knowledge and technology surely would be amazing and also very beneficial towards our needed economic growth. However, it takes open minds and open hearts to step out of fears and persecutions of differing others, and into loving wisdom for the advancement of ourselves into a more civilized and evolved culture. Hopefully Kansans are up to this opportunity for social and economic progress.”
23. Wichita, KS: “It’s been a long time comin and needs to be done now pmk”
24. Lawrence, KS: “This is the truth, and millions of people are recognizing it now. Be on the right side of history for once. Stop ruining lives and wasting money on prisons, and start helping lives to be improved while collecting tax revenues. It just makes sense!”
25. Inman, KS: “Time to stop the insanity! The medicinal uses of marijuana have been studied and it has been proven effective on many fronts including reducing intraoccular pressure in glaucoma patients which was not mentioned here. It’s said Queen Victoria used to smoke it to relieve menstrual cramps!”
26. Hutchinson, KS: “the government should listen to the American people. both science & medical evidence is to overwhelming and we need to act now. I also work in the healthcare field and totally agree.”
27. Wichita, KS: “LEGALIZE MARIJANA IN KANSAS”
28. Topeka, KS: “I have no problem with the use of marijuana to treat illness.”
29. Oswego, KS: “I think the petition should be supported by MoveOn. Marijuana is proving to be a kind of wonder drug. It should, at the very least, be available for medical use. Even better, make it available through legal means so it can be a legitimate revenue stream.”
30: Topeka, KS: “If it can benefit medical conditions I say go for legalization. Save the war for drugs with much more harmful effects.”
31. Stillwater, OK: “I have just been diagnosed with Crohn’s. Please pass this bill for all of those who suffer.”
32. Salina, KS: “It’s time for change. What can be argued about using a plant that God has given us over man made pharmaceuticals!”
33. Westfall, KS: “I strongly agree with the act of legalization of medical & recreational use of marijuana.”
34. Longmont, CO: “Good idea ! It IS 2014 .”
35. Smolan, KS: “Marijuana, either medical or recreational, should be legalized and mandated in a similar way to alcohol. More people die from alcohol than marijuana and it makes no sense why it is illegal!”
36. Salina, KS: “End the racist drug war on the poor. President Nixon started this war and it has victimized millions of non-violent cannabis users ever since. It has ruined lives and families. End it!”
These quotes are all verbatim from Kansans and All Americans! The Silver Hair Legislation of KS. supports HB2198 and SB9; The Cannabis Compassion and Care Act. (click on to read the very well written bill).
Please read the bill and I guarantee, if you are not sure, you will be. Also, if after reading the above quotes you are unsure, you need to look up the word EMPATHY in the dictionary!
Written by Emery Myers, activist, registered nurse, writer, artist and advocate for Americans and their constitutional rights!